week 11 - family table


Lord I lift my friend to You
I fear that I won't have the words
that they need to hear
I pray for Your wisdom God
And a heart that's sincere
I know they mean much more to You

-- Casting Crowns


Sometimes you only think you're doing the right thing

Watched a great series out here the chaplains ordered for us... called "Love and Respect".  Trust is a powerful force that will conquer mountains, even when only conveyed but with a few words of gratitude towards he who wields the sword

That was not referring to this deployment



But on that note... I should finally show off the "squad"



We are commanded by a fearless general from the proud nation of Poland.  The majority of our strength comes from a core of U.S. Army foreign area officers, brought in to find and funnel in the world's best military, police, and medical trainers to give Afghanistan a chance.  One day in July the magic deployment fairies reached out to fill one of these empty international adviser billets.  They found an Air Force captain with almost no experience in international affairs.  He likes the joint environment and pretending to have the power to save the war at his emailing fingertips.  He wears a flight suit every Friday because "It's flight suit Friday, duh...", and he talks a lot of smack in the office because the Air Force won the Commander in Chief's trophy this year.  And he thanks God he landed in an office with professionals from his dream career field... a life the Air Force back home will never allow him.

In order not to become complacent with what might otherwise be seen as an "office" job, I wear full battle rattle every day and try very very hard not to smile



That's me thinking about throwing a rambo knife at the computer screen after learning that Bulgaria is not sending doctors this year.

It's been a neat experience coming up on the halfway mark.  So thankful for this great opportunity to absorb and reflect... thankful that my friends back home are safe and with their families, and for the new friends found in this little sandy hole.  A meaningful night sneaking out onto a rooftop with you know who.  An adopted stray kitten that makes me happy when I pick it up.  Praying to ease the pain of some really close people in my life who have had a rough year and are much stronger than I.

Church... worth mentioning again



Except the bass player is pretty horrible

Happy Thanksgiving everybody

Sweet

Comments

  1. Great pics! Have a great Thanksgiving, and stay safe.

    Love, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving, brother. :-)

    Stay safe.

    Love,
    Dave

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts